Last week cousin Jason and five of his buddies from the U of I were here in Canaan. They fit in very easily here and made some pretty strong connections with the kids. The guys left on Sunday morning and by Sunday night some of the kids told me they already missed them. While they were here the guys did some concrete work and helped make some furniture for a new classroom. It was great to have them here and I look forward to seeing some of them back here next year.
Back to the classroom.......the bane of my existence. We have a group of 30 teachers/administrators with us this week learning about the ACE School of Tomorrow. We had three days to completely redo a room that could be used as a "model classroom". Sunday night we ended up working until 2:30am and then woke up early to finish things off before the group began their training. It was a borderline miracle to get it done, although that miracle will need to have some carpentry adjustments made tomorrow night.
More importantly than the previous paragraphs.....................I had a 20oz Mountain Dew on Sunday night. Mountain Dew does not exist in Haiti, but one of the lovely young women here at Canaan had a visiting medical team stow one away for me. Much happiness.
Tune in later in the week for a special guest (by request) in the Hot Seat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Marcus,
ReplyDeleteI know that you have not herd from me at this point but I have been following your blog and have to say I find very interesting. I am looking forward to a visit in Feb 2010. I the mean time, please know that Carol and I have you in our prayers and we hopw you know how much respect we have for what you are doing. Keep up the good job.
Dick Korb
rkorb32@gmail.com
Hi Marcus,
ReplyDeleteTruly enjoying your blog & keeping up on what you are doing in Haiti. I would love to meet Wesh (did I spell that correctly) and any of the other children you have been blessed to meet. Keep the stories coming. Would also like to know more about this "relationship change" that I notice on FB. Sounds like God may have led you to Haiti for more than one reason.
Love & Prayers-
Beth & the White's