Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Haitian Hot Seat......Part I


Today is the first installment of "The Haitian Hot Seat." The hot seat will be occupied by Wesh this evening. Wesh is a very precocious 11-year old who is fond of asking me very interesting questions about American history. He is an extremely smart kid and actually helps as a translator down at the clinic. He has agreed to answer all of my questions as honestly as he possibly can. Let us begin.

Me: Welcome to the hot seat Wesh, how are you feeling?
Wesh: Good, I'm feeling good.

Me: Question #1. What is your favorite movie, and why?
Wesh: I have many favorites, but one of them is "The Forbidden Kingdom." It is very funny and I think Jackie Chan is cute.

Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Wesh: I want to be a pilot. When I first saw an airplane I thought it would be super cool to be a pilot.

Me: What is your favorite Bible story?
Wesh: David & Goliath. (he said this right after joking that it was David & Bathsheba)

Me: What is your favorite thing to do at Canaan?
Wesh: Eat. Especially mashed potatoes.

Me: Do you have any bad habits?
Wesh: I occasionally lie and cheat. (Have to appreciate his honesty)

Me: Who is your favorite actress?
Wesh: Angelina Jolie.

Me: What about Disney princess?
Wesh: (with enthusiasm).....Princess Jasmine

Me: Why should the people love Wesh?
Wesh: Because I am so smart and a cool guy. I am also romantic and fabulous.

Me: If you could have one superpower, what power would you choose?
Wesh: The power to make women fall in love with me. (Seriously, that was his choice)

Me: What animal are you most scared of?
Wesh: Tarantulas......well, all large spiders

Me: Finally.........who is the coolest American you know?
Wesh: You. (this answer was not coerced in any way)

6 comments:

  1. I need a little background on Wesh. Age? Did you kidnap him? Imaginary friend? Is he wearing an overly-snazzy suit as he would have to if on ESPN?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fair comment. Wesh wanted things posted before he went to bed so I didn't look at it very closely. He does happen to wear and overly-snazzy suit, which he pulls off effortlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship. What happens if you don't know the answer to his history question? Do you just make things up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lying, cheating, womanizer? I'd keep a very close eye on this kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When do you use Skype? Might we arrange a conference call? I'm missing your bearded face already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was awesome! I love his humor and witt. How old is Welsh? My guess is 12...

    ReplyDelete