This Friday will be my last day of work at Marquis Energy. Over the last six years I have been able to work with a whole herd of family members and another smaller group, a pack perhaps, of people who may as well be family. I count myself very fortunate. I have enjoyed my job 96% of the time and am very thankful for the things it has allowed, and is allowing, me to do.
Along those lines, I have been very humbled, even a little embarrassed at times, by all the support I've received over the past couple months. A lot of people have told me that I'm doing a great thing, but in reality I am on the receiving end of great things. I can only do this because people are willing to sacrifice on my behalf. That fact will not slip my mind anytime soon.
(Abrupt Topic Change)
So I was in Boston over the weekend to advise Vinny Del Negro on how to defend the pick & roll. What you saw in Game 7 was not what I advised. On the bright side, my sister-in-law Minhee happened to be graduating from Harvard Medical School while I was there, so that was nice. Also, my multi-talented brother managed to put together a delightful breakfast spread and prepare an excellent sermon on the same day, so the trip was not a total loss.
No more posts for a couple weeks, as I will be doing a little training in Florida. I hope your lives can proceed as planned.
Are we talking Camp Rolls or Assumption/Grandma Throneburg Rolls? (Yes, they are proper nouns).
ReplyDeleteI think what you are doing is not very great but really average and not worth talking about anymore...not really, but if it helps even things out...then sure.
We're talking about the morning tray of rolls served at Marquis Energy, to which I attribute the few extra pounds I'm now carrying.
ReplyDeleteAs for the properly capitalized Camp Rolls; are they part of Bess' baking repertoire yet? If not, what needs to be done to make that happen?
We don't have the necessary scratch at this point in our lives. If I recall....it's kind of a pricy recipe.
ReplyDelete